Eat, Pray, Love







  The grand opening of the movie - Eat, Pray, Love was last night. The Living Dolls Inc. site has been promoting this event for months and I must say it was worth it. The theater was filled with (mostly) women that included several of the "Dolls" that write and comment on our FB fan page.It was a fun event filled with comfort that only sisters can provide.
The movie: once I moved past the chopping of the book, I was thrilled to see the characters come to life before my eyes on the big screen. This is a book that I have read, dogeared, reread and discussed at length with my sisters and written about on Living Dolls Inc many times.  As you might imagine, I couldn't wait to meet Liz. Actually,  I didn't like Julia Roberts right off the bat - she was great but she just wasn't the Liz that lived in my heart. She definitely grew on me as did the  rest of the characters and by the end of the movie I adored each and everyone of them.

The point I want to make:  the topics addressed here are very deep and personal to each and everyone of us. I don't mean to say that everyone of us has the same issues in life but we all have the same emotional make up. The book makes us realize that if we don't do something to insure that we live our life to the fullest - it will just go on and eventually end without ever knowing who we are - how we feel - or what we love and why. The question - can you handle the truth when you see it?

Search This Blog