What if?
Last night I went to see the movie "Letters to Juliet"with an open mind and a hopeful attitude as I love the leading lady - Sophie,( Amanda Seyfried), that was also the daughter - Sophie - in"Mamma Mia". There was no reference stating that this was the same character that moved from one movie to the other but it didn't seem to hinder the plot at all.
Although a predictable movie, I found it quite charming and it left me filled with the hope that there is a chance for us middle-aged women that feel like they missed the love boat. The question - What if? - is still heavy on my mind and in my heart. Life flies by so quickly. One day you look up and you realize that you have spent a quarter of a century in a business relationship or a loveless marriage or just wandering around living without the feeling of complete love and friendship. The message is so needed and that is why I think every woman should see this movie and get a renewed look at the possibilities the universe has to offer.
The movie is about an American girl on a pre-honeymoon with a self-indulgent man who is preoccupied with Italian products that he is buying for a new restaurant that he is opening. She finds that she has lots of free time and wanders into the fictional lover's Verona courtyard and finds a letter that was written in 1957 but never found. The story unfolds from there when she finds the author of the letter and talks her and her grandson into finding the long-lost lover referenced in the note.
Like I said, I found it delightful, fulfilling, and the predictability comforting. The feelings of hope are here to stay and I may take the step to find a lost love one of these days:)
What if you had a second chance to find true love?

Search This Blog